Inspired by some exploration of the world.

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Sleep

Trying out a phone app called SleepCycle, which promises to wake you up refreshed. Is it worth the effort?

Early results are promising. Here's last night's graph. It woke me during a dream, which it said it would. I felt decently refreshed* after 7 hours of sleep. And it woke me up 15 minutes earlier than my normal alarm would have woken me, thereby, in effect, paying for itself. (It took 5 minutes to set up, but it added 15 minutes to my day.) I may even start transcribing my dreams with those extra ten minutes, inspired by the Red Book, which is on exhibit after finally being published.



* Any good ideas on how to measure refreshment on a ten-point scale from prune juice up to cranberry-ginger sizzle?


No comments:

About Me

My photo
Student at NYU, pursuing a PhD in economics.