Inspired by some exploration of the world.

Friday, June 26, 2009

Food post: #1

Check this off the life list: eating an entire animal in one sitting (next box after this is kill and eat an entire animal (after that is kill with bare hands or teeth and eat an entire animal)). Ordered a kabob stick called "small bird," thought I was getting some small pieces of chicken. Nope, I got a small bird, the entire thing, featherless and stretched over the skewers. Breaking off a leg was like eating a drumstick, except at 1/10th the ratio. Tasty meat, but .1 grams of protein. Getting the wing off was more trouble, though, and it had no meat on it. As I moved on to the breast, the head started looking at me. I tried to ignore it, to no avail, so I ripped the head off to get it out of my vision. But the little bugger still stared at me sadly from the plate as I put the rest of what little meat he had to offer into my stomach. At this point I started getting paranoid about diseases being carried in animals' nervous systems, and worried I'd eaten some of the spinal cord. It was hard to tell between the small bones and the thick spice rub seasoning. Blissfully the paranoia quickly passed after a moist towel, I felt clean. All in all, check that one off the list.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Student at NYU, pursuing a PhD in economics.